Thursday, April 12, 2007

so very dull

I'm having a boring week. I agreed to be the light board operator for the UMKC dance concert. I knew they needed the help, and it pays a little. But DAMN is it boring. So far this week I've spent about 13 hours sitting in a chair behind a light board. Not just any light board, but one with a shifty "2" key. So when I want to push "2" I frequently get "22" or "(nothing)". Very annoying, and makes things take longer.

I'd be happily wasting time on the internet in there, sucking up the wireless, but for some reason my laptop won't get a signal there anymore. I played hearts for a couple hours Tuesday, and lost several times. Damn you Pauline! Yesterday I just read. I finished Red Mars, so now Mike will be happy. He's been trying to get me to read it for about a year. It was interesting enough that I'm going to get the sequel, Green Mars, from the library.

3 comments:

Heather K said...

Is the third book blue Mars, followed by yellow Mars, orange Mars, purple Mars and fuschia Mars?

I heard fuschia Mars is awesome.

Margaret said...

Actually, the third book IS Blue Mars, but that's where it stops. No more Mars' after Blue!

(You didn't hear that about no fuschia Mars, ya lyin' fool)

Heather K said...

HAHAHAHA. I find it awesome that I just guessed a title, and I was right?!