I ran around quite a bit last week, and it ended in the Weekend of Mostly Wishing I Didn't Have To Be At the Theater Because I Wanted To Be Somewhere Else.
Tuesday through Friday I helped load in the Quixotic show in the morning and early afternoon. It was sometimes fun, sometimes exhausting, and always barely organized. The show was actually in a theater this year! They still had to bring in almost everything, including a truss system. The main benefits of the theater were A/C, proper electricity, and indoor plumbing. You take this stuff for granted, but when it isn't there it's pretty awful. I wasn't as useful as I wanted to be. I want to stay involved with this company because they put in a really great show. I'm just not good at trouble shooting masses of weird equipment that's been cobbled together. The worst part about working on the show was that I didn't get to see it, since I had to be at the Rep Friday night. Sigh.
Friday night my aunts got into town, to be here for about a day on their way back to Colorado. I got to see them for a grand total of about an hour Saturday morning before I headed to the Rep. That sucks, but I'll get to see them again at the wedding in August.
In between shows we all went to Jerusalem Cafe. There was me, the Stage Manager, Sound Op, both onstage crew people, and half the cast, which is only one guy. Donald met us there, which was nice. The service was sloow, but we had a long enough break to get ice cream after dinner and still get back to the theater a bit early. The ice cream was DELICIOUS.
After the show I expected Joe would be here, since he came up this weekend to finally get rid of all his army stuff. His plane was delayed so he got in in the middle of the night. In the morning I made some coffee and watched the "What's in the Bag" show as Joe sorted through all the stuff. There were many brown t-shirts. We planned to get dinner before Joe's flight back, but it didn't work out. There's so much more space now that all that stuff is gone!
Also last week, Donald and I signed up for Netflix. Tuesday we watched The Fountain. It was visually pretty spectacular, but the plot was confusing and slow at times. Last night we watched 2046, which was also pretty to look at, somewhat confusing, and in Chinese. I think our next movie will have to be in English, and pretty straightforward. :P Who wants to be our netflix friend?
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
meee! i will be your netflix friend!
i think i'm under rebehka cramer, or rccmeg@hotmail
Well crap, it's "temporarily unavailable." Just you wait, Cramer! We'll be buddies once that stuff comes back online. Who else???
2046 is an interesting movie, but isn't one you should try to understand on a rational level. The best way to experience it, I think, is to treat it like a strange lucid dream that happens to be in Chinese.
With subtitles.
-Tom
That sounds like a good point. It was kind of dream like. And by dream like I mean that I dozed off and missed a few minutes. :)
heatherkinion@yahoo.com=your new netflix friend.
Post a Comment