Monday, August 13, 2007

Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!


Friday I got to play with icing again. Lucy wanted a pineapple cake this year. Mom baked the cake in 2 round pans, and I took it from there. I got out the food coloring and the good ole' Betty Crocker icing and had a good time. It turned out nice and pineapple-y. The whole time I was making it the Spongebob song was in my head. ("Who lives in a pineapple under the sea!") The real pineapple was very useful to have as a reference. Mom cut off the top and stuck it on the cake before serving it Saturday.




When I went out to water my plants yesterday I heard rustling under the bushes. My first instinct was to squirt the sound with the garden hose, assuming it was a squirrel. Turns out, it was a teeny baby bunneh. It was cute, so I got my camera. It was also terrified, being a bunny, but too stupid to actually run very far. It was gone, or at least better hidden by the time I finished watering.

Yesterday I managed to drop a Rubbermaid container of Chinese leftovers on my right big toe, causing a great deal of pain. The edge managed to just hit the cuticle, which has now turned very purple. I couldn't even yell in pain properly, just sort of croak. It amazes me how much something so small can hurt. It just throbbed all the rest of the night, as I limped around at the show. (The preview went fine, I took many photos.) It feels better this morning, but I'm still going to keep it elevated as much as possible. Sigh. I decided not to post a toe picture, but I have one available on request! It actually doesn't look like much. :)

5 comments:

Jim said...

Toe me!

Heather K said...

No toe!!!!

I love baby city bunnies!!!

Margaret said...

I saw the bunny again yesterday! So teeny!

Margaret said...

here's the toe:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tinydryad/IMG_2937.jpg

it looks better now. :)

Scot said...

The cake looks awesome.

Now I'll have o have Frau Schnieder -er Macaela sing the pinapple song.