Sunday, April 13, 2008

We finished season 3 of BSG the other day. I'm so hooked on that show. It's very hard to stop watching, but we could only watch a little bit each night. I'd get home from the show at 9:30 or so, but Donald has to get up every morning and go to his real job so we had to stop at 2 episodes. Next up is to watch season 4 episodes online. We loaned season 1 and 2 to Mike recently, and then I loaned them to a theater friend, Porter. They were both hooked, and Now Mike has our season 3, and Porter is watching season 3 from Netflix because he doesn't want to wait for Mike to finish. Oh yeah, and next I'm getting him to watch Firefly. I'm spreading the nerd love. :)

Work continues on our new house. I've been helping during the day lately. I've done various small things, but yesterday Donald and Mike and dad painted all day. They painted the ceilings and did a base coat and a top coat on the walls in all three bedrooms. I haven't even seen the result yet, but I hear it looks great! We're repainting all the rooms, so there will be more painting to come. Slowly but surely, we're getting things done.

And holy crap, paint is expensive! The top of the line paint was $40 a gallon before it went on sale.

2 comments:

-al said...

I've become a huge BSG nerd in the past year. I made the mistake (as I often have with other series) of getting into it at the worst possible time. I had to wait what seemed like three years before new episodes came out. And now they've got commercials and there's a week between episodes. What's up with that?

Margaret said...

Uh, yeah. Waiting is the WORST. I had to wait all year while season 3 was on, trying to avoid spoilers, until finally the DVDs came out at the end of March. Gah.