It's a good thing they sell food. If not, I probably wouldn't have made it this long. Or I'd live off cereal. I'm a pretty crap cook. I managed to make soup the other day- but that mostly just means I cut some stuff up small, put it in broth, and waited for it to cook. It's a good thing it turned out okay too, because I made a lot!
My banana bread yesterday, while not a failure, also wasn't a success. I should have put in another banana, because it turned out kinda dry and not banana-y enough.
How did I make it 28 years and not pick up anything from my mother? She's a good cook. She doesn't always think the stuff she makes is the greatest, but it's always food and usually tastes pretty good. I can make a few things but not many. I usually suck at planning too. We'll start to feel hungry, then look around for something to eat. If I manage to eventually put ingredients together into food, then I'll leave some of the dishes around for a couple days before cleaning it all up. I need a chef.
Friday, December 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cooking is not hard. Just get a cookbook, plan a week ahead, go shopping, and follow the directions. To figure out what to do with food, and how to do it, I suggest "How to Cook Everything"- lots of good tips and recipes in there.
Post a Comment