She registered for EIGHTEEN place settings. They cost $69.99 EACH SETTING. I wouldn't even want to have china in my house that cost that much, much less eat off it!
She also registered for 18 soup bowls, ($23 each) 18 each of 3 different glasses, ($9, $10 and $10 each) 18 place settings of silverware, ($55 each) two 14" oval platters ($98 each) and $430 of other matching dishes and silverware.
All I can say is wow. I don't even want to add that up.

3 comments:
If you're going to dream, dream big.
China has its place -- on display in a cabinet. Nobody in today's world (unless they also partake in tea time after paying the butler) actually uses anything than a box of stoneware dishes they bought on clearance at Target.
My parents have china, and it gets taken out of the cabinet and used about once a year. Then my mom just puts it in the dishwasher, because she figures as rarely as it gets used that once a year in the dishwasher won't hurt it much. My dishes are 70's Corelle that I got on ebay.
Post a Comment