In an effort to increase the numbers of days we can get up the driveway in winter, we added a drainpipe down the driveway to the street on the gutter next to the steps. The gutter drained directly onto the driveway, right at the point where it freezes and makes it impossible to get over. It's a real pain in the ass to clear the whole driveway then not be able to get up it again a day later because the melting snow refroze.
The landlord said he'd let us take the cost of supplies off next month's rent. Great! My dad and I went to the hardware store and bought the goodies. When we got back I called my neighbor Jon to see if he wanted to come out and help, which he certainly did, because he loves that kind of stuff. So we drilled and cut to the right length and got finished just as it was getting too dark to see. I hope it helps! Now if only they'd clean all the crap out of our gutters, that would help too.
Donald and I are enjoying the hell out of Lego Star Wars on Gamecube. Jim, you and Amy should get this game. I'ts nice to have something we can play together. You can play by yourself with a computer partner, or 2-player with a human partner. The game basically plays through the story of Episodes 1-3, an you collect Lego kit pieces to get bonuses. The little Lego characters are so cute. :)
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment