It rained all day yesterday. It was sunny the day before, and it'll be sunny today, but on my actual "day off" it rained all day. Well screw you, rain! I went to the grocery store anyway. That sure showed it.
Donald went to work early yesterday, so he came home early too. We decided to make scrambled eggs and potatoes o'brian and sausage for dinner. Our lovely "new" nonstick pan works great for such things. The problem was the sausage. It had been in the freezer for awhile. It looked normal and smelled just fine while cooking. Then when you took a bite, expecting sausagey goodness, it tasted kinda like plastic and cardboard and generally tasted the way the freezer smells. So damn disappointing. The eggs and potatoes were fine, if a little dull. I still need to figure out a way to make them tastier. We got done eating around 7, and watched Hell's Kitchen at 8. They cooked breakfast food during the show, which made Donald and I hungry for pancakes and bacon. We suffered through it and did not go to Chubby's. but we really wanted to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Breakfast food is my fave (cooking and eating) after the ethnic stuff.
Where do you suppose they found those ppl for Hell's Kitchen? And how did they get thru the auditions (said while scratching head)?
PS- turkey bacon rocks
Ohmigod, that's exactly what I was screeching at the TV. HOW did they let that Aaron guy through to this stage of the show?? He's clearly physically incapable of handling the fast pace. Donald says they put him on the show for the drama, but I don't know. I'm glad he's gone, because I didn't want to have to watch a guy keel over dead and fall on a hot stove or something.
Turkey bacon, eh? It tastes like the real stuff?
Turkey bacon tastes like the real stuff, it says its leaner in fat, but if you look at the serving sizes its not. Try center cut, less fat and more of the crispy goodenss.
I'll try to send you some lebanese seasoning called zatar, we use it on our eggs all the time, very tasty.
I'm so glad that dufus is off hell's kitchen and Joanna, they both annoyed me.
Post a Comment