Saturday, June 18, 2005

Walking in the dark

Tonight Donald and I made walking to the coffeehouse new again. On the way there, Donald shut his eyes, and I led him (almost) all the way there. On the way back, we switched. It was kind of fun- once you get used to it, the feeling of immiment running-into-something passes and you can enjoy listening to things. Weird, but neat. Robyn, I bet you one shiny new nickel that Joe can't do this without opening his eyes. :D

Tonight was the first of 2 Quixotic performances. It went well, and finally seeing everything come together was really cool. Since it's an all new thing, everybody's learning as they go. One thing they've learned is that having more than one dress rehearsal would be a good thing. Even so, there weren't any major problems tonight, which is pretty amazing considering that we are coordinating lights, sound, projections including live feeds, dancers, and sometimes live music. All of this in one former bank. All of it is so very arty, meaning dim. The space doesn't really have any lights in it (or a bathroom) so the houselights are clip lights that I added to the light trees. Come on down, it's at 8pm tomorrow night at 12th and Walnut downtown, and there's free beer. I'll be the one behind the "light board." (2-scene preset, lolz)

No comments: