Saturday, August 06, 2005

Board op grind

I get here an hour and a half before the show starts, do a dimmer check for five minutes, and then wait an hour until house opens. This is totally okay if you're on the clock. Sadly, I'm not getting paid hourly. All in all this thing is cool though. The people are all cool, and they all seem pleased with what I've done. That's always good, I made 5 directors happy. Professionally, now I just wait to see if any of this will help me get jobs in the future.

A funny thing happened today. I got a call from my dad. He needed $600 in cash, to bail someone out of jail. But wait, there's more! Dad got a call from his friend, a retired colleague. The friend is out of town, and his son needs to be bailed out. I went to middle school and high school with the son, so this is particularly amusing to me. My parents, being of a different banking generation, don't have debit cards, and can't get $600 in cash when the bank is closed. So they call me. Donald and I were downtown at the time. Donald tells me that we can get $300 each, our daily limit. So we find an ATM, and then wait around downtown for dad to arrive and collect our $600 cash. Sitting downtown, with $600 in cash. I told dad to tell the guy I said "you're welcome." If only I still talked to anyone from high school, who knew the guy, and would find this as funny as I do.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I'm jealous that you each have at least $300 in your bank accounts.