Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Time traveling to May

I never got any pictures up from our NYC trip, so here goes.
Here are a couple good old arm's length self portraits of Donald and me. The first one is on the plane on the way there. It was a very small plane, even I hit my head sometimes.

We took this one after we'd bought our play tickets. We enjoyed a sit down and observed the pigeons, which Donald refers to as "rats with wings." Somehow, I don't think pigeons spread plague, but what the hell.


Here we are on the set of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. The props master was kind enough to give us a backstage tour. That was a major highlight of the trip for all of us, I think.



The theater was the Longacre, on 48th St.







Here we are eating in a Japanese restaurant. Victor and Temishia didn't fit in the picture, but I assure you they were there. I loves me some Japanese food. I don't know if I can get any here, but I should find out.


Our last night, we got us some authentic New York cheesecake. It was damn good, and very rich, so we shared. I also had a cappucino. The restaurant was Lindy's, and we sat outside on the patio, enjoying the weather.


This is a very detailed Tiffany glass window in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Donald and I only spent about 3 hours there, and we probably didn't even see 1/4 of the place. We'll probably go back next year. There is also a beautiful Tiffany fountain, and it's all irridescent. I wanted to take it home, but Donald said no.






Here's Central Park. I guess New Yorkers actually go to the park on the weekends, because it was packed. It makes sense though, they don't have yards like here in K.C. And it's a very nice park.



P.S. Trying to get pictures to format nicely is a big pain in the ass. That is all.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Nice. I like the photo tour.