Saturday, October 21, 2006

it begins again

Yesterday I was going to be productive and get work done for the Lyric. The first stupid thing was that I had to go pick up the gel. I can't really explain very well how ridiculous that is, but trust me, it shouldn't be my damn problem. I also wanted to buy brads, specifically 3/4" brads. Therefore, Office Depot had 1" and 1 1/2"; and Office Max had 1/2" and was out of 3/4". I shouldn't be surprised, but it's kind of an indicator of how the day went.

Once I finally got the gel and got to the theater, it was probably around noon. Then I needed to print out lists of what gel to cut, how many, and what size. Very important information. Without that information, I literally couldn't do anything. Being an idiot, I didn't bring the Lightwright file with me, so I was going to save it on the Lyric computer from my email. Naturally, I can't download the Lightwright file from my email without it being corrupted. Oh boy, that's annoying. I called three different people to try to track down another copy before I called Donald and managed to catch him at the exact moment he was going into the house for lunch. Donald re-emailed me the file from my computer and saved the day. This also resulted in "me" sending the following email response to Robyn:

"Our mens is great. Our mens is wonderful. We could not do without our mens. We should thank our mens with food and sexual favors. (The ones we’re married too anyway.)"

I laughed. It was a good moment. I finally got the paperwork printed out, and finally went downstairs to get to work. The stage is currently occupied by a hundred or so chairs and music stands, set up for the Symphony. I wound my way across the stage, around the corner and to the back area where the gel box is stored. (Additionally, that room is only vaguely heated and was pretty chilly.) Then I tried to find a table to work on. I needed a table to put the 24" paper cutter on, if nothing else. I can't get gel ready with no workspace. I wandered around looking for a table, and finally found one. Try to picture me, carrying an 8' table across a stage filled with chairs and shit, THEN around 2 sharp corners and up and down some small steps. Right, no way that was going to happen. I eventually found a metal card table. THEN I got to work. I think it was maybe 1:30 by then. Frickin' ridiculous. I was too annoyed to be hungry until about 3, and then I ate the lunch I brought with me, making it so I wouldn't be hungry when my friends came up for dinner.

I bit a big chunk out of my lip earlier this week while attempting to eat a jelly belly. It hurts most of the time. Then I had balsamic vinegarette on my salad last night, which made it hurt like fiery burning hell. Great choice!!

So my Friday was filled with futile work attempts, and firey vinegarette torture. :(

sigh!

2 comments:

Heather K said...

I like the words firey, vinegarette and toture together even if I don't like what they do to the inside of Margaret's cheek.

Margaret said...

I give you permission to use the phrase "firey vinegarette torture" in your creative endeavors, provided I get into the thanks section. :)