Sunday, September 30, 2007

Transporter 3 will probably take place in a secret moon base

The Transporter, which I was assured was much better than the Transporter 2, was not much better than the Transporter 2. It was better, but it still wasn't what I would call good. There were some very enjoyable fight scenes, especially at the beginning. It started to go downhill when he let kidnapped girl stay at his house, and he went to bed. Good idea, sir! Clearly you've kept your reputation as a guy who does the job without getting involved by making genius moves like this. What could possibly go wrong?! It got more improbable from there, but at nowhere near the level of the sequel. Probably because the piles of cash available on the sequel allowed them to make exponentially more unrealistic stunts. And somewhere between the two movies Mr. Badass took a class in Matrix-esque bullet dodging. I still like Jason Statham though. I enjoyed him in the Italian Job.

Donald and I decided that the producers of the Hitman movie (which is based on the Hitman vidya game) were insane to have someone OTHER than Statham play the main character. Timothy Olyphant is a lovely guy, I'm sure, but I just don't buy him as this character. Somebody else already went through the trouble of comparing:
Whatever. It'll probably end up as one of those movies I want to see but not badly enough to fork out $9. There have been an awful lot of those lately.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I think I saw The Transporter. Maybe I was just delivering something from one place to another and I think I was watching The Transporter. I have the same confusion about "The Sit-on-your-Ass-er": Did I watch it, or just do it?