Two of the Studio Spots were giving me big troubles, and a third was giving me small troubles. The director was having no more of this mess, so we went down there at the crack of noon yesterday to hang some differents lights and fix our problems. The guy at Union station happened to wander in, and while he was trying to help in a know-it-all way, mangaged to break the third fixture so much that I can't use it at all now. Note that while he has more experience with these fixtures, he still shouldn't have been poking at things inside with a screwdriver. The damn things cost $8,000 each, and have meny sensitive bits inside. Our solution was to hang 2 S4s with moving mirror attachments. It's in no way equivalent, but it's a decent substitution.
If he hadn't showed up, we'd have had our lights hung 2 hours earlier. I was planning to get in there, get our shit done, and actually go the hell home and try to get to a dance rehearsal. Instead, I was there all day AGAIN. Tonight we have an audience. It's a preview, not opening night, but an audience means it has to be all cleaned up. So I'll be going in again today, to fix things for the (hopefully) last time.
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment