Thursday, February 09, 2006

Not a lot to say this week. Ive had a lot of little things to do spread out, so it feels like a long weekend. Then again, I should be used to that by now, having no classes.

Tuesday there was a Rosco presentation at school. Rosco is a company that make stuff for theatre. A rep came to show us some toys, so we lighting students all gathered 'round to ogle. Last time they came to show us things, we oohhed and ahhed enough that they sent us some toys to keep, and some to borrow. That is how we acquired two gobo rotators and 2 I-Cues. Very good.

After that, Jon and I went to Union station AGAIN to check on a few problems. Sunday night they had a big problem with not being able to turn the houselights off, so we went to check some stuff out. While I was going through the cues, I decided to finally go take a look at this bright spot that had been bugging me, but not quite enough to look at it before. Turns out that 2 lights were focused SO wrong, that I have NO idea A) how it happened in the first place, and B) how I never noticed it?!? So I switched barrels and refocused, and I think that will solve the problem, although I was pretty nervous to make changes that I wouldn't be able to really see.

Yesterday we went to meet another caterer, since we were a bit stunned by the super high price quoted to us by the first caterer. Donald and I weren't impressed with the second caterer, so my mom has called the first one to do some haggling. I'd like to go with them, if we can get the price down to something more reasonable, especially if it's something as simple as using disposable plates instead of china. If not, we can always talk with a third caterer. I really hope we can work it out with the first caterer, they seemed very professional and capable.

No comments: