A couple months ago, I came across reruns of Roseanne in the afternoon. I watched a few times, and it reminded me that I used to love that show. My mother didn't like it of course, and she liked it even less when people would occasionally say I reminded them of Darlene. Sometimes she wouldn't let me watch it. But now I'm 28, and I can watch whatever the hell I want. I bought seasons 4 and 5 from Amazon.
I watched a couple episodes the other night, and thoroughly enjoyed them. The characters are funny, even if their clothes are dated, and more real than sitcom characters on TV now. There have been way too many shows with the tubby comedian and his unrealistically hot wife. Some of them have kids, but hardly any of the kids are actual characters. So I sat on my couch and enjoyed watching the Conners bicker, wear slouchy clothes, eat generic food, play jokes on each other, and generally amuse me.
Other funnies: Last night Donald and I watched the first new SNL after the strike. Tina Fey hosted, and large parts of the show were actually funny! Then we caught a bit of a Chappelle's Show rerun, which is also hilarious. I've been reading Wil Wheaton's Just a Geek, which if you are a nerd, you should read. His writing style is very agreeable, and he just tells a good story. Check out his blog: http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/ He's recovering from sinus surgery, so isn't very funny at the moment, but dig into the archives for some good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
SNL had portions that were fucking hilarious. I definitely think that was the loudest I had laughed at SNL in close to 15 years.
I love Tina Fey! She always make me laugh.
Post a Comment