Friday, February 01, 2008

Nothing terribly interesting has been happening lately. I worked a bit more on the UMKC show, and I should be done with it now. I cooked on Monday night. I tried a new pork chop dish. It was okay, and Donald liked it well enough. I got tired of it the second time I ate it so I don't think I'll be making that one again. I really enjoyed the pork chop part though. I'll have to get pork chops more often.

I've washed dishes almost every day this week. I'm very tired of washing dishes. Period. I want a dishwasher. Maybe we can get one in our new place. We're moving in a few months! My dad is buying a house from a nice old fellow on the next block. We're going to rent from him. We'll have 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a garage! We'll be able to keep the car indoors!! That's going to be awesome. I'm also looking forward to not hauling everything I buy up the stairs anymore. That's especially troublesome after I go to Costco. It's a 1 story ranch style so it's not a cute house, and it doesn't have a porch. But it's solid, well insulated, and not owned by the university. It does have a small back patio, and we may be able to build a deck over it.

Donald and I watched Shoot Em Up last night. The title says it all- there's a lot of shooting. Very well choreographed shooting! It was pretty much great. If you're in the mood for some fun action that's not dragged down by a lot of plot, rent this. Clive Owen is badass. It's an hour and a half of pure entertainment.

2 comments:

Jim said...

So are you renting the house where your parents currently live or part of the new one?

Margaret said...

All of the new one. Three bedrooms means we'll actually have a spare bedroom with a bed for visitors.