Sunday, October 23, 2005

I can't wait until smoking is banned in Missouri bars too

Donald and I went out to shop yesterday, mainly to get a present for his nephew's birthday. We got him a cartridge for one of those educational-type game systems, since Donald's mom suggested it, and told us which one they'd already bought so we wouldn't end up with two of the same thing. Donald also wants to get him a some games for his old NES, which the nephew has been playing with. I told Donald not to buy too much stuff, not just because I'm cheap, but because a lot of people are buying presents for this kid. As he gets older, the presents decrease, and that's disappointing. So my advice is not to go overboard now. After all, last year we bought him a cartridge for a different educational-type game system, and it's probably collecting dust or something. Kids have short attantion spans, and this kid has more toys than I think I had in my entire life. He's turning 5, btw. Seriously, LOTS of toys.

Unfortunately there was also an Old Navy near, so we went over there and bought some clothes. We have given up. There can be no resistance to the low prices and cottony goodness that is Old Navy.

Robyn came over, then we all went to Lee's Summit and ate at IHop, then met Mike to play pool. We played several games, had a few drinks and had a generally good time, as well as some tasty queso. Mike's pretty good at pool, Donald and I are both kinda crappy, and Robyn learned last night. Therefore, we had pretty balanced teams. Then we played some darts, and that was fun too. The smoke wasn't too bad at first, but by the end of the night my eyes were stinging.

Today's plans include laundry, packing, and maybe getting a new battery for my cell phone.

No comments: