Tuesday, October 11, 2005

NYC bidness

Yesterday Victor tells me that I need to find a place to stay when we go to New York. I can stay in the Bronx at Temishia's with her sister, or I can find something else. Well, I'm trying to find someplace else. Closer, ideally, and with people I actually know.

So last night I emailed Malinda, who I stayed with in Sacramento and had a very nice time. I also emailed Kristen from CMSU, who has recently moved to NYC. She lives on 43rd St. right by Times Square, which is very cool, but hasn't gotten back to me yet. Malinda wrote back already, and I can totally stay with her but she lives in Brooklyn. Through careful analysis of our subway map, I've concluded that Brooklyn is preferred to the Bronx, because Malinda is near a subway and I'd only have to switch trains once to get to the theater, which is at 86th St. near Central Park.

I'm feeling very proud of myself that I can look at a map and figure this stuff out. I'm really looking forward to going back there in May with Donald, and hopefully Robyn too. This year we want to stay a few days longer than last year. All the touristy stuff should be less crowded on weekdays. Well, a little less.

No comments: