Friday, February 24, 2006

A very unique dinner

I had the weirdest dinner tonight. The Lighting and Set designers wanted Indian food, so we went to 39th street to find some. There wasn't any there, so they picked Ethiopian food instead. Ethiopian food is served on a big round piece of thin spongy bread, in little piles. You each have your own bread thing, and you tear off bits of it and use it to pinch up the food. No silverware. They decided on the vegetarian sampler, and I'm pretty much game to try any new food so I ate it too. We had 7 different things. One in particular was very tasty and spicy, made from garbanzo beans. There were also collard greens, vegetables, something yellow, another brown thing, and some orange stuff. It was all pretty tasty and full of interesting spices, but I wouldn't go to the restaurant on my own. Not when it was right across the street from a Japanese place, a Vietnamese place, and a Cajun place.

What I ate looked much like this:

2 comments:

Jim said...

If I ever went to an Ethiopian restaurant I'd sit there and wonder, "They're so hungry. Why am I eating their food?" and then I'd say, "Excuse me, Miss? Yes, could I send this back? They need it more than I do."

Then they'd hit me.

Heather K said...

Ethopian food? This will be quick. I'll just order two empty plates and we'll leave.