Saturday, May 21, 2005

Ah, Friday

Friday, the day when people go home from work early. At least they seem to in the scene shop. I left a bit early too, but that was because I had to go to a dance showing at 4:30. It was at 105th and the Ass End of Nowhere, and I had to drive throught the friggin' TRIANGLE (of doom) at rush hour. I hates Grandview, and I hates 71 Highway.

OMFG. These dance people are freaks. What kind of freaks, you may ask? The worst kind: Jesus freaks. Seriously. When I got there they were praying before rehearsal. Okay, whatever. Later in the rehearsal, one girl slipped and fell, and had a little freak-out, as dancers do. The difference here is that then the whole group started going on about how they were being attacked, because the devil doesn't want them to praise or whatever. (By the way, the whole dance thing is bible themed. UGH.) Then, at the suggestion of one of the girls, to get their spirits up, they held hands in a circle and yelled "jesus" three times loudly. Then they did it again. Meanwhile, I'm frantically digging in my backpack for gum or mints or ANYTHING to avoid this freakshow. It's unreal that these people even exist...

Other than that their dancing was pretty good, and I would have liked most of the music if all the words weren't about JESUS.

Needless to say, Donald and I sacrificed an extra goat tonight, to cancel out all the piousness that may have stuck to my clothes or something. Maybe I should burn those clothes in an unholy ceremony?

No comments: