Sunday went as planned, and boy was it nice. Lots of relaxing. I got the Lemony Snicket book, and then I read it. Damn you, short book!
Today I worked, hanging lights all day. Tomorrow I will hang more lights. Soon, we'll have to pack, since we leave for New York in essentially 3 days. Wow. We are going on a trip! Come to think of it, this is the first real trip Donald and I have gone on together. Hm.
I really need to find a residency. But it's very much like trying to find a job, and I HATE trying to find jobs. I hate asking people to hire me. I have motivational issues. Specifically that I have no motivation. Ever. People say that to be a successful freelance LD, you have to really want to do it, and have DRIVE and be persistent... and I just don't. I don't even know if I want to do this all my life. All the time, I think to myself, do I want to do this for the rest of my life? Right now, I just want to take it slow and see where it ends up. I'd like to assist for a while, because the one thing I'm 100% sure about is that I'm not ready to go out and design professionally on my own. I just want a steady job where I don't have to look for another job all the time. This stupid school has worn just about all the desire to do theatre out of me. I just want to, take a break. Summer kind of is a break. But the whole time, I feel like such a loser for not having a job.
Monday, May 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You could get some crap job to work. I can see you as a barista like Faye or Dora from Questionable Content.
Post a Comment