Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Messages from my past

Doing more cleaning in my old bedroom, I came across a journal from my second grade class. After several typical entries we come across:

"Weds. Sept. 14, 1988

Today I learned that my mom can hollor real loud. She was trying to get my little sister to lick the muffin batter of her finger, but Lucy bit my moms finger instead. It was funny."

Ah- hah haaa haaaa!!!! Whew...

---From September 20 I learned that I was watching the Olympics (olimpics in 8-year-old spelling) when Greg Lougainis hit his head on the diving board.

--Another thing I had forgotten. The bus driver used to leave me behind, and my dad would chase the bus (in his car) and get me on anyway. That bus driver seemed to hate me for some reason, and would leave me if I wasn't On. The. Corner. She'd see me coming, but leave anyway.

--For Halloween I got 42 packages of candy, containing 65 pieces of candy. Oh yeah, I counted my candy. I used to sort out the M&Ms by color before I ate them too. That haul included: 6 suckers, 9 Tootsie Rolls, 4 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and 5 bubble gum "things." Good to know.

--I saw A Christmas Carol December 1st at the Rep that year, and I'd already been once before. In 2nd grade, I was unable to spell "permishn slip." The part I liked most was when Jacob Marley "came up out of the floor" even though I knew it was a trap door.

--My taste in desserts hasn't changed much. I listed my favorites as strawberry pie, rainbow sherbert, mint chocolate chip ice cream, apple crisp, baked apples, cherry pie and pink bubblegum ice cream. And for birthdays, angel food cake.

And that's the news from the past. :)

1 comment:

Jim said...

This entry right here is a perfect example of why this blog is good. :)