The last few days, I've had a blessedly easy time getting up. Maybe it's because I have a goal, and I want to get it done. Thursday and Friday I wanted nothing more than to not go to rehearsal. I wanted to stay home with Donald and play Morrowind. Saturday and Sunday, I woke up ready to go and get it done. It's a good feeling, since I've been so massively unmotivated lately. I got up today, and it feels like a Sunday because I don't have rehearsal. But it's actually Monday, and I have to go to meetings in an hour and a half. I've been completely separated from the school world for a week, and I don't want to go back. :P
Yesterday we got started early enough to get donuts on the way to the theater. We were the first ones there at 10, so we got set up and started working as other people trickled in to work, and said, "ooh, donuts!" We got a lot of focus notes done before tech started, but no cue notes. There are plenty of adjustments I can do during the run, but many that I just can't. It was no big deal, there were only 2 places where I had big things to fix. The run was kind of rocky. We had a few tech problems, and a few moments where actors completely lost their lines. But we got through it, the director gave notes, and released everybody until Tuesday. Hooray!! It was about 5, and we didn't have to stay until midnight. Sound guys were onstage, so we worked on cue notes until they left. Focus notes onstage took about half an hour, then we went home.
Robyn came up to eat Chinese food and watch a DVD with us. The Chinese food didn't turn out well, but the movie part was fine. Apparently, Sunday night is very busy for Kin Lin, because I was put on hold 4 times before I could order. I should have given up then, and next time I will. Well, it took an hour to get the food, and then they left off some items. They didn't get Donald's food on the order at all, but we paid to a crab rangoon that we didn't get. I'm annoyed, but I'll forgive Kin Lin one night of crappy service for all the times the food has arrived in twenty minutes.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was very very weird, but good. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but was curious to see it and I'm glad I did. Donald liked it too. We were both pleasantly surprised that we enjoyed it. Jim Carrey was actually acting, and Kate Winslet was convincingly crazy. Thanks Robyn, for sharing your netflix. :)
Monday, January 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment