Sunday, January 08, 2006

There were 2 sides to that billboard, and they both hurt equally

I'm beginning to get very annoyed at myself. I set my alarm for 8 today, thinking that with snooze button-mashing I'd get up about 9. When I looked at the clock, it was after 10, and I think, goddammit, why can't I get up earlier?? I'm fairly certain that when I actually NEED to get up at a specific time that I still can. It just seems that I can't drag myself up if I know I don't really need to. It's pissing me off, and I feel like I'm wasting time. When I'm finally dressed and fed and it's friggin' noon, I feel like a lazy bastard.

Even though we didn't drag ourselves out of bed at a decent time, we did lotsa running around yesterday. Again, I didn't get up until after 10, and Donald until about 11. We were discussing what to do with the day, and how long it would take in order to be back in time for the movie. So we hauled ass and got ready in time to leave the house about 12:30. We made the long and boring trek to warrensburg, where our goal was to get Donald's old Nintendo fixed for his nephew. The helpful fellow at Rock n' Sports took care of that in short order, and we went to wal-mart to spend our $20 gift cards. We indulged ourselves by buying not one but TWO boxes of laundry soap. Then we went through Odessa, and headed home.

Cell phones are wonderful. You can coordinate a movie-going experience whilst riding down I-70. One movie viewing plan fell apart, but we decided to get together anyway. Mike was assigned to scout us out a restaurant in Westport, so we ate at The Thai Place. I ordered a spicy dish, and a sprite, anticipating fiery goodness. I got goodness, but no fire. I was rather disappointed, I like spicy. The price was a little high, about $11 for the entrees we ordered, but there were lots of leftovers. Donald said he wasn't especially fond of the food, so I think I get to eat his leftovers too. :) We picked up ice cream on the way home, and you guessed it, played more video games. Robyn joined us eventually, having had her day tied up with a tournament.

My verdict on the 40-year-old Virgin: It was okay. It had good moments, but was kinda draggy at times. Then it ended with a weird musical sequence, which was funny, but unexpected. So, I'm glad I didn't see it in the theater. $4.29 for a 2-day rental is ridiculous, but 4 people watched the damn thing, so it was actually very price efficient.

Today we were going to a birthday for a 100 year old cousin, but we got uninvited. Turns out that we're too young. They decided to use age as a cut-off for attendance. Perhaps I will play Morrowind. :D

3 comments:

Robyn said...

YOu got uninvited? THe day of? that seems weird

Margaret said...

Actually, my mom sent an email yesterday but I didn't get it. Oh well.

Jim said...

Just seems wierd that a 100 year-old would ostracize the young. What's the cutoff? 40? 50? "I don't want you wee youngsters coming and messing up my festivities with your running around and messing things up."