Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The shower went just fine. There were not 22 people. There were about 12. It was weird, but not too weird. Everybody was really nice, and they planned out a few games that were kind of fun but not too stupid. I just don't really know what to do in situations like that. It's so very not my thing. I really appreciate that they set all this up for me. Donald's grandma did decorations and stuff, and there was punch and a cake. It's just so strange to be given presents by a bunch of people you don't really know.

I think I did a good job acting like I didn't wonder WTF at a few of the presents. In my opinion, you register for stuff so that people who don't know you know what to buy. Instead, I got (a few) people who don't know me that bought me stupid ass things that I've already put away in a cabinet, never to be seen again until I decide to sell them on eBay. I'm not saying that one should be required to buy somebody ONLY things they registered for. But if you don't know the person you're buying something for, wouldn't you get something you know they want? I would. Instead, I got a pair of crystal candlesticks, in a style that Isn't Me, and a crystal pillar with cutesy children laser etched inside it that sits on a light up pedastal and rotates, (seriously, wtf) and a couple of other random but not as weird things.

Today I was productive. I got the invitations finished up and sent out, picked up a couple of books at the library, got my taxes done, washed some dishes, tidied up the house, and sorted through some of the shower stuff. Donald and I went to Muddy's, and I set the VCR for Scrubs but screwed it up by setting the timer from 7:55 to 8:05. Dammit! I wish I could say that was the first time I've done that too.

In closing, here's a picture of when it snowed on my first daffodils of the season.

4 comments:

Heather K said...

Seriously WTF on the laser children thing! Showers can be scary, but it sounds like yours went fine if kinda overwhelming in the old lady bit of it.

Jim said...

Did you just send out the invitations today? Cuz we got ours today. CREEPY!

Margaret said...

Heather- I guess I should take the ugly thing out of the cabinet and take a picture for all the internet to enjoy, huh?

Jim- They went out yesterday. That's still damned speedy.

Jim said...

It is. Now let's see how fast you get the response card we sent yesterday. Did ya get it? Hunh? Hunh?