Sunday, March 12, 2006

thinking of titles is hard

Friday morning I went to focus the lights for my show. It took about 2 hours, the shortest focus I think I've ever been involved in. It only took that long because we were moving slowly. I just can't get in to this show. It continues to seem like not a real show. It's so short, and the tech is so light, that I just don't have anything to DO for it. I wrote all the cues for it last night. That rehearsal was scheduled for 7-11, and I was home at 9. I'm not complaining about that, no no! It's just weird. Today is the theoretical 10/12. It's theoretical to me because I'm going to only be there from noon to 2. I'm pretty sure they'll cancel the evening part anyway, and Rocco can take over for me just fine while I'm gone.

At about 2:30 we're driving up to Hiawatha for the visitation because my Grandpa died Friday. He had been in the hospital a lot lately, but at least he got to be home for awhile at the end. The funeral is Monday, so we'll be back Monday evening. I miss him, but there's not really anything I can do, so.

In other news, Donald and I went to Odessa yesterday to hook up a router for his Grandma, who is getting DSL. On the way there, we lost a tire, and had to pull off of 40 Hwy to change it. Good thing Donald knows what he's doing. I was very good at standing there though, and occasionally handing him things. He's got it down, it only took about 15 minutes. After we changed the tire we continued on our way. Donald's dad fixed the tire and put it back on, then we went and installed the router, then we dropped by Donald's folks' house because we had to see the baby. Donald's sister successfully produced another offspring. I guess we're supposed to be excited or something, but to put it bluntly, it doesn't take much talent to get knocked up. In fact, I think it takes a lot more effort to NOT get pregnant. Forgive me for not being all "oooh, a baby," but when you don't have a job, you still live with your parents, you already had one baby with no daddy, do you really need another? And the babydaddy left her too, shortly after his son was born. Oh, the baby's name is Caiden, and he's reddish and wrinkly.

Donald and I had a nice time with Robyn Friday night. We went to O'Dowds for happy hour and hung out and such. Mikey had to work late, so our ritual coffeehouse going didn't work out. Hopefully Mike won't have to work so late next weekend and we'll do our coffee thing then.

That's about it. I'll be back tomorrow. Bye internet- I'll miss you!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Sorry for you because I know that's sad and as a friend I'm sorry you have to go through that. So, sorry.

Heather K said...

I send my regards as well. I hope the funeral and everything went as well as possible.