Thursday, March 30, 2006

my day was just so great there aren't even words

My dressmaker bailed today. We were supposed to meet at 3 for a supposedly final fitting. From what she'd said before, I was expecting it to be all but done. What she dropped off was an unfinished dress, and a note of apology that she didn't have the time to get it done, and that she was very sorry.

Can you guess hown much dress sorry makes? None. So my mom and I, after a bit of stunned silence, called the tailor who made a vest for Donald as well as several alterations for mom. Then we rushed over to the tailors before she left at 4. She's taken the pieces to fix it all, but is (justifiably) not too pleased to be picking up in the middle of someone else's work.

The part that I'm most pissed about, is not that the original dressmaker couldn't get it done, but that she could have TOLD US SOONER. WHY did she fucking wait until now?!! So many chances to tell me sooner!! Day before yesterday, when we talked on the phone. Week before last, when we talked before. ANY TIME before now would have been better. And I'm going out of town for a week and won't be able to see the new dressmaker again until I get back.

On a lighter note, if there was a prize for first RSVP back, it goes to Jim and Amy! My mom got it in the mail today. Way to go, speedy response types!!

No comments: