Thursday, June 08, 2006

why do I hate outdoor theatre?

Because it's friggin' HOT. Even if it isn't outdoors.

I spent some time the last couple of days helping set up for Quixotic. The show is in some empty building where they've built some platforms for a stage and hung some screens to project on. Oh, and there's no A/C. The dealie is indoors, but when it's 90+ outside, you're still so damn sweaty that it seems about the same. Did I mention it isn't a theater? The collection of miscellany they have this year for lighting is truly amazing. Last year, the amount of stuff was small, but of good quality. This year's stuff is just a lot of random lighting crap that people happened to have around. I'm so glad not to be in charge of it this time. Tomorrow I get to go work in a place with A/C, where they'll actually pay me to work. Sweeet.

No comments: