Friday, June 02, 2006

I should get a dream interpretation book

I dreamed last night that I was setting up my portfolio yet again at a thing. It was in a big-ish room, and Gene was in there giving a lecture in a pseudo-British accent. (Kind of like Madonna) We were supposed to listen and set up at the same time. One of the other students came over to me and complained that gene had mispronounced several things, and I said to her that he was only getting started. (The guy mispronounces and misspells so many things in his "history" class that it's comical.) (And sad) Donald was outside in the hallway somewhere, and Victor had been there earlier but was currently nowhere to be found. I was trying to set up, but I didn't have enough fabric and everyone I asked from UMKC wouldn't help me. I was looking for the 2 pieces of gray fabric that I used at clambake, and wondering why they hadn't packed it. Also, my T-pins were too big and 2-pronged somehow, so I had to get different ones. My table was too deep, and the width was different. I was hoping that they'd brought all my stuff that I needed, since I knew that I hadn't seen it since I packed it up and sent it all back to Kansas City.

So! We're home. We FINALLY landed last night (this morning) about 1:30 AM. Twelve hours after we checked out of the f'ing hotel (factoring in the time change, 12 actual hours that we experienced). I am so sick of airplanes right now. Long story short, we left the gate in NYC, to sit on the runway for FOUR HOURS waiting for weather to go by. We are pretty lucky that we took off at all. We both ran out of books, and I ran out of laptop battery. Donald and I had lunch at 2 yesterday, and have had nothing more than nibbles since. I'm debating whether to eat or shower. Shower!

No comments: