I'm fairly certain that the reason people used to watch The Twilight Zone was that it had tricky plot twists, good stories and interesting characters played by talented actors. Now however, Jessica Simpson is on it and I knew how the story would end about 2 minutes in. You see, she played the babysitter, and the little girl had a collection of dolls. But they aren't just dolls- they USED to BE babysitters!!1!one!!11! I wish I had that half hour of my life back. Unsurprisingly, the little girl (while eye-rollingly crummy) was a better actor than J. Simpson.
Tonight at the coffeehouse, Donald and I were all set to get our coffee to go, since the tables were all full. Luckily, one opened up just as we were ordering. Unluckily, it was the tall table next to creepy guy's napping zone. Furthermore, I was sitting so that he was directly in my line of sight, right past my book. The guy at the table on our other side left a bit later, so we scooted over, to put as much distance as possible between us and the Creepy Zone. A couple minutes later, creepy napping dude started snoring. Loudly. So loudly, that Justin the barista had to wake him up. So creepy dude resumed his nap, but quietly. I don't understand why they don't just tell him to leave. It's a coffee shop, not a god damned nap-restaurant. People who actually pay for a drink, then hang out a bit and leave when they're done should get to sit at tables. Not creepy jerks who friggin sleep there for hours. Gawd.
I taped the Emmy awards this evening, so I could fast forward all the boring bits. Conan O'Brien was a very entertaining host. I watched the whole tape in about an hour and a half, halving the broadcast time! Take that TIVO, I can still use my primative videocassette recorder and I didn't even pay 200 bucks for it. (I'll take suggestions on how to incorporate "zone" into this paragraph, cause I got nuthin.')
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment