Saturday, August 05, 2006

Robyn and Mike helped me sample the goodies last night.

The yellow box on the left turned out to be bite sized mushrooms that consisted of a cookie stem and chocolate top. The packet to its right was chocolate covered sunflower seeds. I was kind of surprised at that, since I was only guessing on size and general color. Pretty tasty. The chocolate rocks are confrimed.

The thing above those in four flavors was actually 4 flavors of chocolate square with different fillings. The chocolate in general seems less sweet and waxier. After we'd tried one of each and guessed at flavors, I saw that the package had English descriptions- only they were on the inside, so you couldn't see until you opened them. Seems to me that you should print that on the outside. Those chocolates also had stickers of tiny cartoon scenes, where the characters are doing weird stuff. One seemed to be getting crushed by a giant bean, while another is making a huge omelette, another is brushing its teeth, and the weirdest one shows one character clearly vomiting on another. These are all shown on 1" square stickers. I have no idea. There was a website listed, and luckily an English option.

"Easy to take-out, one bite-size, lovely small chocolate
We have 4 flavors (Yogurut, Strawberry, Mocca , Amond)
Choose one what you want to have"

There's nothing about the crazy-ass stickers. Further googling reveals them to be licensed cartoon characters. http://www.doolynara.co.kr/e_html/dooly.htm


Whole Almond Candy tasted kinda like plastic until I decided to chew it, then it was like peanut brittle, but with almond. The grape and strawberry sour things are very tasty, and similar to Laffy Taffy. The blueberry favored stuff is yummy chewing gum.

Yesterday we finally teched Europe, with sound and lights. That all went fine. The evening was opening night for the Equity showcase, and that also went well. Once I'm into the booth and running the show, I switch into board operator mode and pay attention to the show only enough to run it properly. Which is to say I read a book most of the time. I will resolve myself to stick around after each show long enough to schmooze people who could potentially hire me. Intermission is also a good time for that.

Today we have our invited dress for Europe, and performance number 2 for the showcase. Tomorrow I leave the showcase in somebody else's hands, and we will have our first actual audience for Europe. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: