Monday, May 16, 2005

How pompous is this name?

Hopefully not too pompous.

There! Bandwagon has been hopped upon.

Today I was planning to go to the scene shop to paint in exchange for dollars. I set my alarm for 7am, so I could snooze awhile and then get there at 9. I went across the street to say hi to my grandparents at 8:45, and at 8:50 they called from the scene shop to tell me not to come in until Wednesday. Hooray for short notice. Therefore, instead of making a buck, I spent much of the day cleaning crap out of my old room, which my folks are going to be renting to a Chinese student for the summer.

I ran a couple errands around noon, and decided Anna must be bored at home, so I boxed 'er up and brought her across the street to keep me company. This was great kitty excitement. Anna and Blackout must be getting used to each other. I let Anna out of the box, she and Blackout sniffed each other, and proceeded to ignore each other. I cleaned for awhile, pausing every now and then to extract a squeaky kitty from behind piles of junk in the basement. She looks funny with dust in her whiskers. After I got tired of cleaning, Anna and I came back home. I checked my email and took a nap. Then I went back across the street to try out this recipe for scones. That turned out pretty tasty. That's pretty much most of the day.

My grandparents have parked their camper in my parent's driveway. They're going to be here about a month, while my grandpa gets a treatment that may help stimulate his heart to work better. My (other) grandpa was right when he said "It's hell to get old Margaret, don't get old!." I hope this treatment works. It's sad to see how difficult it is for him to get around. He's hooked up to liquid oxygen, and he has a walker which doubles as a chair for him to sit on. My grandma says he sleeps almost all the time. Sigh.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Welcome Margaret! Good to see ya!

Chinese student, eh? Do your parents do this often? Maybe it'll be Frank Cho.

Robyn said...

being like everyone else is fun!

Robyn said...

where did you come up with the name, anyhoo?

Margaret said...

Donald and I came up with it together.