Thursday, May 19, 2005

Snickety cleverness

I like these books. They are full of cleverness. For instance, when Sunny says "Arrete!" when they are talking about the "stops" in telegrams. I finished the 7th one this afternoon, so I went to the library to grab more, but they didn't have any after the 8th that weren't checked out. But I know Robyn will hook me up Saturday. :)

Today I painted in the cave again. Boring, and tiring. That caves are kinda neat. When you drive in, it really looks like a video game. I expected some monsters to pop up for the shooting. But they didn't, which is a good thing as I had no gun and can't aim anyway. The whole place is pretty weird looking. There are huge carved out limestone pillars, and cinderblock walls dividing up the individual spaces. Therefore, the place is very maze-like, and the rooms are really strange shapes. Oddly enough being underground, it's warmer down there than I expected. And extremely quiet. I was planning to listen to my iPod, but the battery had run down. I think it might just be on its last legs.

I turned on the air conditioning before I left this morning, so it was nice and cool when I got home. (You're welcome, Donald) I took a shower, finished a book, and went to the library. When I got back, my grandparents wanted to play some cards. We waited for dad to come in from shooting squirrels. Squirrels are my fathers' mortal enemy after all, they EAT his home grown produce. (Those bastards!) So when he sees 'em in his cherry tree, he gets out his pellet gun and puts an end to their furry rodenty existence. Mind you, we live in the middle of the city here. You can take the man off the farm, but you know what they say. I wonder if shooting tree dwelling rodents with air powered weapons is actually illegal in the city? I hope I never find out.

Then I came home and ate some dinner and read a bit more. Then Donald and I went to get coffee and I read the Pitch. Ah, coffee, yum yum.

Tomorrow I shall paint again. Hooray paycheck! I love paychecks.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I like paychecks too! And I will bring more Snicket- they are damn clever!