Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Sometimes inertia leads to progress

Apparently, if I sit on my ass and don't try very hard to find theatre work, some will fall out of the sky and hit me on the head.

If I wasn't going out of town for Memorial Day weekend, I'd be assisting for the June show at the Rep. As it is, I'm (theoretically) assisting when I get back, and someone else will do it for the first part. So that occupies May 26 through June 8, all together. I say theoretically because I was told to send the designer my resume for approval. I hope she understands that there isn't anyone else to do the damn job. :P I'm not 100% sure I want to do it anyway, because this designer was here earlier this year and she is a bit difficult to work with, to put it nicely.

There is a dance concert that Sean usually does, but can't do because he's doing something else. It happens June 8 through June 12, ish. I'm a bit worried about it because it's a very short tech, and Sean knows how to do a lot of moving light trickery that I don't. We'll see.

I got an email yesterday, forwarded from Victor about an Urban Culture project thingy that needs some lights in June. I have no idea what this entails, or when it actually is. June sometime. I looked at their website and I still have no clue. It sounds like it might be fun though.

So there are 3 pseudo-jobs, none of which I'm very sure about. You'd think with 2 years of "professional training" I'd know what I'm doing.

Also, I'm going to repaint the bathroom this summer if it kills me. Oh yes bathroom, I will conquer you.

update: having gotten a couple emails about that urban culture thingy, it looks like it's rather over my head. Moving lights, etc. Sensing a theme here...

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Grr. I forgot to mention that I don't have a car. What play is it?