The bastards cutting down trees in my back yard broke the cable on Friday. That means no internet, and no TV. Then the microwave stopped working. It was oddly like having no electricity at all... well, almost. They couldn't send anyone over before Monday. Bastards!
Friday Donald took off work, and stayed home. He just got a new laptop, and was looking forward to a whole weekend of working on it, but no internet. We went out to buy a new microwave, but didn't find one we wanted. In the evening we went out to rent a DVD at Blockbuster. We got Pitch Black, which we both enjoyed. It's a sci-fi thriller type thing with Vin Diesel. I remembered Blockbuster as having a lot of, you know, movies. But their selection was crap, and it cost us $4.29 to rent a 4 year old movie. WTF happened to the .99 rental? Anyway, next time I'll just go to the library, where I can rent a DVD for ONE dollar.
Saturday I got up early to go to a meeting. Then Donald and I did errands, including another attempt to buy a microwave. No good. We ended up back home, playing videogames. :) Later Kristin and Robyn came over to visit. Our plan was to go see Alan do improv, but we had the wrong day and he wasn't performing. So we just did nothing. It turned out to be a good time, but I still feel like a crappy host. It was good to see Kristin, I couldn't believe it had been about a year since the last time.
Today I got up and worked on paperwork for the showcase dealie. I let Donald sleep, and he was happy. Then we went out again, in pursuit of the elusive microwave oven, determined to find success... in Kansas. We tried 2 places before giving up and driving to Sears at Metcalf mall. Hooray for Sears! We bought a Kenmore. It should outlast both of us. Now we're at Muddy's. Free wireless is so very nice. Tomorrow I'll be busy. The worst part is that I looked at my calendar yesterday and realized classes start in 3 weeks. Sigh.
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment