It's been a rather busy weekend. Robyn and Joe got engaged Friday, and on Saturday we all went out for a crappy movie. Sunday I mainly wasted the day playing Rollercoaster Tycoon again. At 9:30, I headed over to the J.O.B. to focus lights, and waited an hour while the people who were using it before got done. That's another hour I could have slept, later! We focused and re hung lights until about 1:30 am, and then went home for sleep.
Monday, I dragged my ass up, took a fast shower and headed off to theater again. Got there about 10, finished moving and focusing, ate lunch, and started working on practicals. Jen and I hung a few more lights, ran some cables, installed 3 outlets, (they even work right!) put up 3 light switches, (they don't work, they're just for show) and worked on the groundrow. We went home for dinner at 4:30 ish.
I expected to come back to a rehearsal and do my lightover. Lightover is when they rehearse, and the Lighting Designer plays around with the lights and gets some cues ready for the Tech rehearsal the next day. Well, I showed back up at 7, in my sandals, expecting to write cues. What they neglected to tell me was that they decided to keep working on the set instead. So there I am in completely inappropriate footgear, working. Jen and I decided to go on a supplies run, which is to say we drove back to just about where we came from to get stuff. If anybody had thought to tell me the plan, we could have saved some gas and time.
Anyway, we got more stuff done, and went home about 10:15. Today we should be able to finish up our installation stuff, and start writing cues. I think that we'll acutally have a rehearsal tonight.
Tomorrow I should be in tech from noon to midnight, Thursday I'll be working in the scene shop at the Rep all day, unless we rehearse Killer Joe in the afternoon, which seems likely. Thursday night is the preview of Killer Joe, and Friday I'll be painting in the scene shop again. Friday night is opening of Killer Joe, but I'm not sure if I'll be going.
Therefore, busy week coming up. gotta go shower and get ready for today.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment