Sunday, September 25, 2005

Today was one of those days when I wasted too much time and felt bad about it. I didn't do anything useful, except a bit of vaccuuming. And strike for Killer Joe, but that's different. Oh well! I should just enjoy the time while I have it, I know damn well I'll be busy soon enough. Strike went very quickly, since pretty much all we had to do was gather up our stuff and strike the practicals. A short strike is rare, and I sure appreciated it.

Yesterday evening Donald and I saw The Importance Of Being Earnest in 116. It was pretty good, the performances were mostly enjoyable. It was done essentially in the round, which I don't think was the best way it could have been done, but it wasn't awful. The costumes were great as usual. At least the costume students here won't have to worry about whether or not they got a good education. The lighting was... adequate. The angles were too steep, causing shadows under the eyes as well as The Hat. Had I been designer, I may have been driven insane by The Hat. Then again, it might not have bothered me as much since I would have hung the lights farther away to get a shallower angle. It's tough to light in the round. If you do a decent section, or just stand in the space and look around, you can see very clearly what the angles will be.

I did do one useful thing today. I patched the knee holes in my paint jeans. I have this miraculous stuff called Stitch Witchery that is like iron-on glue. It comes in a roll that is 3/4" wide, and you just cut off however much you need. here's a picture It comes in other forms, but this is the one I have. You put it between two layers of fabric, and iron it on with steam for about 10 seconds. So easy!! This way, I can use whatever fabric I want for a patch, and there are no seams to rub and annoy me. I love an easy solution. And it's safe to launder and dry clean it.

No comments: