Thursday, November 24, 2005

holiday

My first holiday out of town was pretty nice. In the morning we went to the grocery store to get food to take to the pot luck. On the way, we drove up a mountain nearby. The view was really great, we might go up again so we can take pictures sometime. When we got back to the hotel, I sat around and used my computer for a while. Then I took my book outside and sat on the porch outside the restaurant. I found some shade and some (plastic) wicker furniture to sit on to read. It was very quiet and relaxing. Also warm, about 75.

Dinner was at 4. The group was mostly actors, as well as the director and designers. There was a LOT of tasty food. Afterwards, they took some of the leftovers and made up plates to give to homeless people. There are a lot around here, because the weather is mild. We hung around for awhile, letting food settle.

It wasn't the same as being home with my family. (That includes you, Donald.) But it wasn't too bad either. I've been feeling a bit sad about it all week. It doesn't help that my aunts and grandparents were in KC when I wasn't. But I guess I should get used to it. Theatre takes you away from home a lot, even over holidays. But I won't like it. :P :)

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Too late, baby. You've been family quite awhile. :-* ;)

Jim said...

If I might be a bit presumptious, your family, mine, ours, is bigger and far too spread out more than any of us, of me, would like.

Margaret said...

You sir, are soooo right. :/