Friday, November 11, 2005

I need another word for minutiae

I didn't even turn on my laptop yesterday. I am so unmotivated. Instead I read a book, Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, author of lots of Sandman goodness. It was pretty good, but rather short. I also made some dinner, and it was almost but not quite actual cooking. I made chicken and vegetables from the freezer and sweet potatoes that were fresh. So I did 1/3 Real Cooking. It was a decent dinner, but the mixed vegetables were mostly broccoli stems.

Donald got home, I fed him the dinner, we set the VCR to tape Alias and went for coffee. We played scrabble and had a nice time. Last time we played scrabble I could have made an excellent word combo, where I was going to put the word "unholy" parallel to another word and all the letters lined up would make little words. It was going to be great. But we both figured that "el" wasn't an acceptable word. Turns out that it is, dammit! That'll teach me to leave the scrabble dictionary at home. /boring Such is my life. :D

When we got back from Muddy's, Donald went to take a shower and I sat on the couch to read. Anna hopped up to sit on my lap. Then she stayed there for about 2 hours. By the time I got up my feet were cold and I had to pee, but I didn't want disturb the cuddly warm cat. Cat wins! We watched Alias and I read more, way too late but I wanted to finish the book. I finally got up, resisting the urge to fall asleep on the couch and went to bed.

No comments: