Sunday, January 22, 2006

Today I finally played Cranium with my mom. She gave it to me last christmas, and we just played it with her today. She made chicken and noodles for lunch, and an angel food cake for my birthday. Afterwards, Donald and I played against her and dad. This was funny on many levels. To begin with, they both have trouble reading the small type on the cards. That isn't funny in itself, but the holding things ar arm's length in order to focus is always silly looking. Then, we kept rolling purple, so we were in the center before they got halfway around the board. It was unheard of, we actually rolled 4 friggin purples in a row. My parents cracked me up. Mom got the one when you draw an object. It was a menorah. She drew a very respectable menorah, to which my dad guessed: "Oh what the hell is that thing called..." He knew it was that jewish thing, but absolutely coudn't come up with the word. Mom says: "I knew he wouldn't get it!" I tried to help him by telling him that it was also the name of a hospital around here, so he says "Baptist!" Trust me, it was funnier then. Also funny was the club cranium where mom and I were both acting out waterbed. Donald won us that one. :)

We polished off the evening by watching more West Wing, and a distinctly lame SNL.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: Extremely weird, but not even in the entertaining way. It held my attention, but the whole thing was kind of draggy and the story sucked. The stuff they made up about Willy Wonka's background was ridiculous and useless. Johny Depp was creepy, but somehow managed also to be uninteresting. There were funny moments, and I think a lot of the actors gave good performances for their roles, but generally it was just not that good.

1 comment:

Jim said...

This is wierd. Amy and I got Cranium for Christmas from my sister and we just played it for the first time tonight with our friend Carrie and Kevin. It was fun and funny.