Today I went and exchanged the graduation gown they gave me for one that goes past my knees. I remember doing this same thing in the past too. But I can't just reuse any old graduation gown, I gotta wear one with silly looking sleeve danglies. Gah.
Quixotic is doing a fundraiser April Fool's ball Saturday, which I can't go to because I'll be in tech for Black Snow, but I'm still doing the lights for somehow. Basically, I'll set up whatever there is on Friday, and then leave it to them. From what I understand, there won't be much of anything to leave anyway. This is a pretty teeny setup, in a smallish art gallery. But I still wish I could go. They're doing 4 or so dance pieces, one of which had about 15 people in it last time I saw it. I'm guessing the art gallery isn's TOO tiny. Anyway, it's sure to be more fun than tech.
I worked on my portfolio all afternoon. I spent a lot of time thinking about layout. I'm basically rearranging all the stuff in my 11 x 14 presentation portfolio so my strongest pictures are first. I'm starting with dance, then the opera simply because most people haven't done one, then on to plays. I really need to work on some of these pictures before they'll be ready to reprint. The quality just isn't what I'd like. I wish it wasn't so hard to take good theatrical pictures. I have a few really great ones, and a lot of pretty good ones, and some that just suck. I guess before I work on reprinting, I should print pictures from the 2 shows that I haven't printed at all yet. I've already got the layout planned, Including the size to print. I just need to go do it. Shit, I just realized that if I don't do it tomorrow it'll have to wail until after I get back from Dallas. Oh well!
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
And a nasty colored brown velvet hood. Don't forget the hood. Also, you can hold things like your keys and maybe a wallet (if it is little) in the sleeves alleviating the need for pockets or a purse. That is what I learned at my MFA graduation.
Ooh, built in pockets- this appeals to me greatly.
Post a Comment