Thursday, June 22, 2006

More pictures, less words


Here's the diploma. Names have been changed for no particular reason, considering that you can get all the information you want about just about anybody from the internet. Notice how the thing reads like a business letter?
How weird is that? It may as well say "Dear sir or Madam, Margaret has graduated. Love, UMKC."










I forgot I also got in the mood to decorate my planner yesterday. Then when I was done, I still had some paint left. I looked around for something else to paint on, saw the cat, decided it wouldn't be worth the scratches and picked my sketchbook instead. I used different colors of acrylic paint mixed with acrylic gloss medium to make it transparent, and a bit of silver paint to make it shiney. Because I like shiney things. It was kind of interesting to paint because the planner has a pebbly surface but isn't porous, being plastic; where the sketchbook is fabric covered and very porous. I'm really pleased with it. And this was hours before I had the motivational coffee beverage!


Here's the tile mosaic that I made a long time ago in a crafts for kids class at the library. Okay, so it was like last year. Robyn went too! It was actually really fun. The gray looking bits are mirror. I like spirals.













Anna helped.







Here's my handy dandy paper mosaic. Having no tiles, I cut up some paper. I used acrylic gel medium for glue. It's basically clear paint. I'd brush some on underneath for it to stick to, then over the top as well. Great stuff for collages.













I hung up the stained glass replica that I bought at the Metropolitan Museum. It's in the window (duh) so you can see through how pretty it is.

And here's a picture from when Joe was here. Look at how Donald deals cards faster than a speeding bullet and whatnot. Stupid phase 10 cards ought to be plastic coated, dammit. They're getting all grubby. Fine then! We'll play rummikub.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

i think the mosaic thing was two years ago...