Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dental Fun? maybe

Today I'm scheduled for Root Canal- take 2. I've been taking penicillin for 6 days. I really want to get this over with. Donald took the day off to go with me, which is nice of him. Cross your fingers for me.

Otherwise not a lot going on. Donald and I were relatively productive this weekend. We took all our glass to the recycling center Saturday. In retrospect, we should have done that before taking showers because it was HAWT and sweaty business. Everyone else also seemed to have taken their glass in, because the bins were very full. We also recycled batteries, but I forgot the styrofoam. After that I was less "productive" while still getting something done. I beat the Pit of 100 Trials in Super Paper Mario. You have to fight through 100 levels of creatures in a row without leaving. It took 2 hours, and I gained 2 levels doing it. But it's done! Sadly, finishing it opened up another Pit in a different area.

Sunday we did a bunch o' laundry and Donald went through ALL his computer parts to sort out things to get rid of. Now we just have to get rid of all the stuff. There are 6 empty computer cases and 3 boxes of parts to get out of the living room! I think a lot of it can be recycled.

We got Ultraviolet from Netflix. That movie was pretty much terrible. For an action movie, it was damned boring. I can't believe it was from the same guy who made Equilibrium! That was a great movie, with an interesting story and really cool action. Part of what made the action so cool is that it was used sparingly. Ultraviolet just drowns you in fighting, so much that you don't care anymore if it's cool. There are so many bullets flying that it's ridiculous for our "heroine" to walk away unscathed every time. You don't care AT ALL about the characters, the dialogue is corny at best, and the story is practically nonexistent. Milla Jovovich looks cool, but that's about it. Best thing I can say about it is that it was only an hour and a half long. 1/5

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I think I watched all of 1o mins of that, then had to turn it off it was so painful

chrissy. said...

i'm tellin you, big train is a comedy riot, trust me

macaela said...

I hope your root canal caused you as little pain as possible