I washed a few more dishes, having to stop every couple of minutes to wait for water to go back down. Naturally, it was 6:45, well after the time anybody would be in the landlord's office, so I left a message. About 7:00 I started the pasta. Donald got home when it was just about ready. I was getting pretty hungry, and he's usually ready to eat as soon as he gets home. I took the pasta to the sink to drain it, held the lid on the pot and turned it over to let the water drain out like I always do-- then dropped the whole thing in the sink. As I stared at my pile of pasta in the sink, it quickly slithered into the garbage disposal. And I just watched it go, as my stomach grumbled.
So my dinner has literally fallen down the drain, and I could do nothing but fill the pot with water again, and put it back on the stove to make more pasta. Then I had to get the old pasta out of the garbage disposal, because it chose today to not work right! I pulled the trash can over to the sink, sighed, and stuck my hand in the garbage disposal AGAIN. I immediately yanked my hand out of the garbage disposal because that pasta was still very hot! Slimy and hot! About half of the pasta came out through my ingenious idea of using a fork. Then I ran some cold water to cool off the rest, and dug it out with my hand. Several minutes and a new batch of pasta later, we got to finally eat dinner.
Moral of the story: fuck cooking.
Here's the pasta after entering the disposal:

Here's the payload in the trash:

And the cat just sat there, not helping at all:


3 comments:
I managed to dump the macaroni for my macaroni and cheese down the disposal. And it was my last box! But, when I had bought more and made another batch the next week, I had two of the cheese packets to use.
F*cking cat.
Sounds like my week at work. The kitchen prep can't read labels and used pork instead of beef for the tacos. Good thing we hadn't put them in the freezer to sell yet. That really sucks about the pasta. You're Italian, isn't sauce making and pasta cooking in your blood or something! ;)
Post a Comment