I still hate teeth. I'm trying not to think about it. I can mostly put it out of my mind if I take an advil every 4-6 hours, as I've been doing since Friday. I called the dentist office yesterday to see if I could get my appointment moved up, but it was not to be. So 2 more days of mild pain relievers.
This weekend I went to see the new art gallery expansion. It looks a lot better from the inside then it does from the outside. It's very spacious and open and white. Most of the gallery space is sunken into the ground, with the windows near the top of the room. It's built into a hill, so there are lots of places where the ground level meets up and you can go out to the big lawn in front. My mom dragged dad and me into a photography exhibit that I was certain you were supposed to pay for. She didn't seem to think so, but when I went back with Donald and Mike, there was a sign saying that you needed a ticket past that point. It was a neat exhibit, about the origins of American photography. I guess it would depend on the price of admission whether or not I'd have actually paid to see it. My mom's such a rebel, accidentally sneaking into art exhibits. What next, turning left between the hours of 4 and 6 PM?
Netflix seems to be taking an awful long time to get the DVD's we send back. We sent back Clerks 2 sometime early last week, but Donald just got the confirmation email yesterday. I thought they'd get the discs we send in about 2 days. I thought we'd be able to get through 3 discs in 2 weeks, but it seems to be working out to one a week. Donald's theory is that the mailman steals them and watches them before sending them back. Clerks 2 was okay. There were funny parts, and a lot of slow parts. The guy who plays Dante still can't act. (Surprise surprise.) I like Kevin Smith movies more when they're being funny then when he tries to get all dramatic. It just comes off as hokey to me somehow. Probably why I like Mallrats so much. More funny, waay less talking and shit than in Chasing Amy. ("What, like the back of a Volkswagen?")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wierd, i do get mine in a couple days or so. and the facility, the nearest netflix one anyway, is IN kansas city. maybe you've just got weird, creepy slow mailpeople?
I thought it was an awful long wait. Our mail service is usually no problem. I'm mystified.
Post a Comment