Sunday, September 18, 2005

But I didn't focus anything

Yesterday was one of those hurry up and wait days. It was a Rep focus, so we're all required to be there. Problem was that there wasn't anything for all of us to do. I literally didn't touch a single light all day. I was on genie-moving duty. And I moved and respiked 2 electrics. So it sucks that I was there until 6, doing nothing, but I did read my book some which was nice.

I'm reading a novel from the library, and enjoying it greatly. I'm enjoying the reading more than the actual book, but that's okay. I'm determined to read more, dammit. Jim suggested short stories, which I'll have to look into. Finding books is a pain sometimes.

Our new microwave crapped out, so we have to go to Sears today and exchange it. I hope. It's a Kenmore from Sears, so it should have worked for the next 20 years. My parents have one that's at least 15 years old. Anyway, it's been a month and a half tops since we bought it. While in the area I can head to Jones and check out their dress selection. One of the dresses I tried on at Dillards was really nice, but the wrong color. So I want to try to find it in the right color, and in my searching I found another by the same brand that I like even more. Now I just have to try and find it in a store. I don't want to buy a dress online, unless I'm 100% sure that it will fit and not have some huge defect or something. Additionally, I didn't find the damn thing anywhere onlin to buy in the right size. So here's hoping to find the right dress. So I can take it to a tailor to be shortened.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

What is with you people and microwaves??

Charlie said...

What kind of books do you like to read? Kurt Vonnegut has two short story collections that are very good, if you think he would write your kind of thing. Here's a link to one of them.

Margaret said...

That's a good idea, I did enjoy reading Slaughterhouse 5 way back when. In general, I like fantasy and some science fiction. But I'm not against trying other stuff.