Friday, September 16, 2005
Wednesday in class, Felicia said that how you use language dictates how you think. That's an interesting thing to think about. My use of language is very informal, and I swear too much. Lately, I think my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure that one reason is I don't read as much as I used to. I used to read at least one book a week. College doesn't allow me enough time to do that any more. Not that I used to read philosophy textbooks (ugh) but I read all the time. These days, most of my reading is done while I eat breakfast. Mostly, I don't even want to start a book because then I'll get into it and want to keep reading it but I probably don't have time. I'm reading magazines, because the articles are short. I need to find more time to read!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i feel the same way- i want time to read everyday like i used to!
Have you tried reading short stories?
I haven't, but that sounds like a good idea. Can you recommend some?
Post a Comment