Saturday, December 10, 2005

Take that, ice!!

Donald and I thought the driveway might have melted enough to drive up it. We were almost right. It was fine until the part right next to the house, under the gutter. Yep, there's a huge piece of ice there. And the spinning began. You know that if you can just get about a foot further up, you might make it! So Donald went and got sand, and more sand, and more sand, and then we gave up and were going to try to back down. We switched spots and he made it that vital foot! We went a few more feet, then the tire spun again. I went and got some sand. Then we made it! Needless to say, we have the parking area all to ourselves right now. Stupid Missouri, stupid ice. Tomorrow I think we're gonna go knock the rest of that ice off.

This morning I went down the street to print some show pictures. Then on the way back to the apartment, I helped push my downstairs neighbor's car. The car was dead, and she and her dad had gotten it out into the street. They were trying to push it, and with Donald's and my help we got the front tires onto the little trailer dealie. and all was well.

This afternoon we met Mike and Robyn and Chrissy in Independence to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. It was pretty good. Then we went to Ihop for breakfast food.

No comments: