Thursday, December 15, 2005

tricksy present giving part 2

The conspiracy to trick dad into giving my mom a present she bought is succeeding apace. But the other day, a new layer was added in.

Dad called me from work. He wanted me to look at a website with a vest on it he thought mom would like. I told him which one I thought she would like most, then called the store to see if they had them in the store. Naturally, the store neglected to tell me that they had limited sizes and colors available. (no surprise really) Dad also was going to check out some fleecy pants to lounge around the house in. He said if he liked them he could buy them and give them to me to pretend that I bought them so we could give them to him for x-mas. LOL!! Dad went there after work. When he called me to ask if I was at home, I told him I was at his home so he said to come out to the garage to look. Mom told me that if he'd bought a Roomba to tell him to return it because she doesn't want one. I went to look, and told him that I thought the vest he bought was too big, and not very pretty. He said she could return it if she didn't like it, and at least there would be something under the tree, then went and hid it in the garage.

Yesterday, mom calls me. She says, "What's this receipt I found in the garage for a vest? I don't want a vest, we already bought me a vest that I love! Make him return it!" I replied, "Well go on an errand then so I can bring this other vest over to finally show him, and put the receipt back where you found it." She said "Okay, I'll go to the library." So she went to the library, and I tried to get dad to return the other vest. Well, he won't, and he made me bring it back here to wrap it. This is my life! My parents are truly wacky. Wouldn't the holidays be easier if we just bought ourselves stuff we like?

No comments: